HOME

Sunday, August 3, 2008

"MOMMMMMMM....COME QUICK YOU'RE NOT GONNA BELIEVE WHAT JACK IS DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


That was the scream I heard from Kristen as she came running up the stairs to find me. Jack had been alone down stairs for 5 WHOLE MINUTES and this is what we found!
Him on top of the counter scooping out the flour. As i walked in he was rubbing the flour on his feet and said to me "mommy, i dirty. i washing." Clearly aware of what a kodak moment this was i let him be for the moment and hurriedly took some pictures (in my haste i failed to check my camera settings and the picture quality is quite horrible but, eh, so's the situation!)

He then proceeded to rub it all over his face and said "ho ho ho, i santa". He thought all of this was quite a neat little trick.
Do you see the flour on the cabinets? All over the counter, on the floor, on the stove, in between the stove and counter (never to be seen again). His shorts...ya, they are DARK blue, at least they WERE. Flour was everywhere...several cup fulls to be sure.
Everyone got to help clean up this little disaster, cause ya, I was getting ready for a date and had to pick up the sitter in 45 min.
We stripped him down on the spot and Nathan took him up for a bath (had to carry him cuz, uh, didn't need it tracked all the way up stairs, i had already had to vacuum the ENTIRE house that morning cause of him). Kristen and I vacuumed and wiped, and wiped and vacuumed the whole mess. All the while thanking my lucky stars it was the flour and NOT the sugar in the canister beside it. Holy cow...that sticky would have never gone away.
But....that's our Jack. A walking disaster zone. All i do is clean up after this boy. That morning he came up to me (still in bed) with an open package of oatmeal he wanted to eat. Granted, there wasn't any oatmeal left in the pkg. cause he had apparently toured the house with it!

11 comments:

Lisa and Bill said...

That is so funny..sorry, but you just have to laugh when kids do those things. You captured the moment perfectly!

Do I see a Pampered Chef salad & berry spinner on the counter? (my eyes my be decieving me..)I just became a Pampered Chef consultant, so if you every need anything let me know.

Stephanie said...

OMG, I can't believe that boy. What a cute stinker.

Thanks for posting.

Heather said...

OH MY GOSH!
What a disaster!
Good thing you had a date so you could clear your head :)
Gotta love little boys.

lisa said...

I had to laugh while reading that! So funny, that little Jack! I love his blue shorts turned completly white and flour on the cupboards. Nice!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

5 minutes... he works fast!! haha...

what a cute little body covered in flour!! and that face.. how could you even get mad... at such a cute face??

Meaghan said...

I love it! He looks so proud of himself. The mischievious ones are cute for a reason :)

Kirsten said...

Wow! You will laugh about that one day! Dylan dumped out an entire bag of sugar on my wood floor, once. I heard a crunch underneath my floor everytime I walked on that spot for a couple weeks!

He looks like he's having alot of fun, though! I bet the clean-up was a blast!

Linde said...

What a mess! I am sure it is funny now, now that it is all cleaned up. He is getting so big! What a cutie, how could you get mad at that little santa face?

Pam said...

That is so funny! My nephew did that but it was sugar and he had a 5 lb bag spilled all over his parents bed and he was eating the sugar by the spoonful. The same nephew drove the car into the neighbor's fence at age 3. He turned out to be an awesome teen who is fun and responsible. So maybe Jack is getting all the crazies out before his teen years too.

~Pam (Steph's friend)

FrankNApril said...

He really so cute! Even if he is into everything, he is adorable! April

Cammie said...

He's awesome! At least after a mess like that when you clean the house feels extra clean.