HOME

Monday, September 30, 2013

September at Scraptastic

September has been a busy month!  I haven't had near enough time to play with my Scraptastic September kit,  but here's what I've got so far ;)

This month I chose the "We are Family" kit and add on.



First up
I really LOVE the color scheme in here....the blues and oranges are amazing together.  I cut the chevron paper and used portions to create my arrows.  One large spot of blue and the two together just pop!  Super simple but makes a big impact.  I layered some of the phrase stickers to balance with my title on the opposite corner.  




Another orange and blue combo here, with an aqua background.  I love to border my layouts with strips of paper typically, so I thought it would be fun to balance that with another border on the opposite side.   I have my photo cluster coming off the single wide border and kept the other thinner with a variety of strips and layers.
 I pulled the alphas & wood veneer from a previous kit, and the tag and ribbon are from my stash.
I used this a variety of this months stamps  here.....coloring them with the marker I got in my kit.  They make for the best little


This ombre paper by Maggie Holmes is in the add on and it's to die for....right??!!  To make my butterfly I found a clip art butterfly on line and printed it out.  Used it as a pattern to trace out on my pink paper.  It's the poor mans die cut ;)  But it worked great and adds that super sweet girly feel I was looking for.
 The sequins are from a previous kit.




There are just a few "We are Family" kits left, along with the stamps so go get em'!!!  This month has been one of my faves, hope I get to play with it more ;)

Don't forget to check out the Scraptastic Blog come tomorrow to see what October has in store for you!  It's spooktacular!!!!

2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

They're all sooo lovely - I really like that blue/ red colour combo, too...& the ombré pp....:):):)

Stephanie said...

Love all the fun pages and the colors too.