HOME

Friday, January 26, 2007

My Baby



My baby just turned one the other day. Surprisingly I don't feel too sad about that. I've always been a little sad when a baby turns one. Maybe that means I am truly OK with this being it for our family. Don't get me wrong, part of me can't believe I will never have a new baby again. I love that stage, so sweet and fresh from Heaven. But I don't want to do the sleepless nights anymore, the worrying when they are so young about being ok, and NEVER being pregnant again!
Jack is a perfect ending to this family. He is a lot of fun and the biggest mama's boy ever-it's a bit much on his part but it won't last forever and before too long none of them will want me anymore. So I will just have to enjoy, regardless.
Jack is definitely finding out that there is more to this world than being a baby. He is walking so proud now and just figured out how to open the doors. The bathroom is not safe anymore, neither is the toilet paper. We are in trouble. He does not enjoy the baby food as much as he used to, he likes to wait and see what we are having. You can see the wheels spinning in that little head when someone else is eating. He's a moocher, big time. We gave him gold fish this week. Love does not begin to describe the feeling he has for those things. He likes to lick them and savor them. Not a very clean snack.
When I figure out how to download my digital camera I can post a picture of my beautiful baby boy!

No comments: