HOME

Thursday, July 7, 2011

July Kit and Guest Design Spot

The July kit at My Scrapbook Nook was waiting ever so patiently for me when I got back from my trip to Utah. Yes, I've been gone. ;)  Did you miss me?????

It's a fave amongst us designers.....what about you?? Do you love it too???

October Afternoon 5&Dime what's not to love!!!

I've got several projects in the works but the only one done so far is the one I did for the sketch blog Once Upon A Sketch.  It's run by my sweet design partner from The Nook Nadia Cannizzo.  She runs a super successful sketch blog with amazing talent and participation!  Be sure to check it out and play along ;)

Here's her sketch and my take on it.....all the other designers from The Nook played along too...so there is lots of eye candy ;)



I'm really happy with how this one turned out.....especially the story behind it.
As some of you may know Samantha is very proud of her hair, she loves to take care of it and style it.  She is really good to learn how to do it, but she saw this style on another girl one day and wanted  it!  On her own she googled stuff and found a tutorial on the very style she was looking for!  It killed me when she came and showed it to me and said that's how she wanted her hair for Easter.  Believe you me....I am not skilled in hair!  So it took some practice and watching the video over and over to get it right.  But come Easter morning I pulled it off and she got what she wanted ;)

Isn't she cute!!!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I love your take on the sketch Carol. Especially the way you did the circles, and the colour combo. Glad you're home safe and sound from vacay (even if you did have to spend much of your 4th of July cleaning). Hubbies...gotta luv em.

Kathy Jo said...

Cute as a button!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Love your take Carol! Your daughter is so adorable!

Marielle said...

this is just beautiful !! Great kit too !!

Annika said...

Gorgeous take on that sketch! Love it!