Friday, September 28, 2007
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
I so love talking with Samantha. She is hilarious and has many deep thoughts. Sometimes she just throws information out there. Here are a few that I've been able to write down over the year.
Talking about her preschool class yesterday she told me of a boy in her class that used to sit by her just to annoy her.
Me "So, he sat next to you specifically to annoy you?"
Her "Yes. But then my teacher moved him, because he would always bother me"
Last year while dropping her off at preschool I told her "have a good day"
She turns in response and sighs "If Michael bugs me, I don't think I'm going to have a good day"
"He's always bugging me" (she huffs)
Zach and I pretty much like each other. It's like we're in love
Ice is made out of hardness and water
Black is the color of darkness
Sometimes when Ladies wear sunglasses they do this (she demonstrates putting glasses towards her nose and looking over them) (You had to see this one, it was too funny)
Mom, if I were you I wouldn't have this kind of room. MMM.....I would have a black wall and a purple wall and....a pink bed...ya.
(laughing as she says this one) When I have a bad word to say, mom says she's going to wash my mouth out with soap. (does a comic frown and makes her eyes big after)
(sitting in the hot tub) It's like we're in a big hot bowl of soup.
I'm her mom, and of course I think she is hilarious. But really, she is so fun to talk too. She has lots of expressions, likes to make BIG EYES, and look out the corner of her eyes. I am so lucky I get to spend time with her. Do you ever look at your kids and just feel amazed that they are a part of you...that you helped create them? I'm so grateful I get to be a mother. It is such a blessing.
I'm kinda glad she didn't get to start kindergarten this year. One more year to be with her...my kids are growing too fast. I want to make our time together more meaningful. I want to be a better mom. I need to get down and play more often. I am going to work on that one.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
- Last night Kristen was telling us as she stood in line at school yesterday, one of the boys dads commented on all the pretty girls he was standing by. Then he pointed to Kristen and said "Especially that one". She was laughing as she told us, but quickly turned beet red and was beyond embarrassed and then started to cry. That's my girl. Embarrassment brings her to tears. It was so cute.
- Jack was full of it last night. Literally. Was passing gas all through FHE, then Scriptures, then prayer. Nathan was in tears he kept laughing so hard. Once that boy starts laughing, he cannot stop. I have no idea what we read last night!
- I just finished making sandwiches for the kids lunches this morning. Turned my back to get something else. Jack reached Nathans triple decker and had it smooshed to death in seconds. Not very happy that I had to make another, but still, gave us all a good laugh.
- Yesterday, made pancakes for the kids. I NEVER do that. We all sang along to this song as we ate. I love it when they are all happy and actually love each other!
- Made myself a To Do List for the week. Hoping to cross some things off. Already started some.
- Today, I do not have to go anywhere. So happy about that!!!
- Actually made some cookies last night. Kristen has been begging for weeks now. Yum...cookie dough.
- Got my new Jenni Bowlin kit. Have every intention of scrap booking soon...wish me luck!
- Oh ya, I finally learned how to add a link to my blog, Ta Daaaa! I am a bit computer illiterate!
Saturday, September 8, 2007
I'd like to introduce you to
Bear Bear, Ribbit, and Quack Quack
These are Jack Jack's little sleeping buddies. The boy loves animals. He loves stuffed animals. I think we have another animal on our hands.
Jack says Ribbit as Budta and Quack Quack is a very throaty, nasaly honk honk.
He sure is a cutie and makes us laugh all the time.