HOME

Monday, November 12, 2007

The Party




The Cake ** The decorations

The goodie bags ** The look on a girls face when she sees something she wants

Samantha's party was a huge success. We did a pretend sleepover and made no sew fleece pillows, which the kids couldn't believe they got to take home. We played all the classic games...the limbo, musical chairs (w/ pillows), freeze dance,and of course a pillow fight. I've never had kids enjoy these games as much as this group. They wanted to play over and over. We made our own pizzas and started a movie at the end to settle them down. Our goodie bags were breakfast for the next morning. Samantha's favorites, chocolate milk and poptarts. It was one of those parties you walked away feeling good about. (That's not always the case for me!)

Oh ya, and I think this cake is my most favorite, EVER!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Fun Party.

Linde said...

It was a super fun party! Love the pillows.

Bryn said...

What a cute party you did! Great idea. I love that picture with Abby looking on over Samantha’s shoulder. So cute!

Heather said...

Cute party....glad it was a success. The cake and stand are perfect.

Meaghan said...

What a fun girly party!

Cammie said...

Everything is sooooooo Cute! I love the cake and the idea and the bags and Samantha (of course)! She is such a doll.

Happy Birthday Samantha!

Lynette said...

SOOO cute! You are a superwoman. Love the dots on the cake.
Happy Birthday Samantha.

lisa said...

That sounds like so much fun! You are the funnest party planner! I'm glad it went well.

Alida B. said...

I love the gift bag idea!! So cute wish i would've thought of it for Ashlynne's party!! I am glad the no sew pillows were such a success!!!!!

Cindy said...

It is SO cute! How did you make it?! I want to know! Sounds like they had an amaing party!

Carol said...

Hey Cindy...the cake is just 2 different size cake rounds (I borrowed them but you can buy those sizes at Michaels). Decorated it with Necco wafers. The plate was Jens :) Easy as pie!