HOME

Friday, August 31, 2007

Latest and (not so) Greatest

Yesterday was surgery day. Glad to finally have it over with. Unfortunately it was not the small simple tear the Dr. was hoping it would be. Had to actually cut him open. The scope was not enough. They say it was pretty nasty. He also lost some range of motion in his arm due to the injuries so they had to clean up some other stuff too. We now have 18+ physical therapy appointments ahead of us for the next 6 weeks. It feels like we are starting all over. But, maybe it's better this way. Maybe this recovery would have been too hard along with the other recovery he's had. Maybe the shoulder needed it's very own attention, with nothing else holding it back. Sounds good right. Either way, he is in a lot of pain and down from work again. At least this is hopefully it. For the injury part of recovery. We still have some plastic surgery in the future.

Grateful to be on the mend. Hope my poor husband feels better soon! He is amazingly strong and suffers through everything the doctors tell him to do. He is very motivated. We know there is light at the end of this long dark tunnel!

5 comments:

Cammie said...

Carol--I just love your attitude and I bet you are right about the shoulder needing some specific, undivided attention-- you're so wise.

Stephanie said...

There is a reason for everything. Send him our love. I hope he heals FAST and that things get better. You have been through hell and back. Hang in there, I think of you every day.

Brooke said...

Hi Carol, I'm a lurker. I'm Heather Abbotts sis-in-law. I just wanted to tell you that you are in my thoughts and I think you are an amazing woman with a great family.

Kathy Jo said...

So, how is Doug recovering? How much mobility does he have in his shoulder? It's a good thing he is such a good patient. That will mean a better recovery for him in the long run. And I know you are taking very good care of him. You are a wonderful wife! Love ya!

Carol said...

Thanks Brooke. I always love a good lurker! Not feeling to amazing these days, but oh well.