HOME

Monday, May 19, 2008

Dougs (kinda) Excellent Adventures

Soooo....I let my husband out of my sight to go mountain biking in St. George for the day. This is only a portion of how he came back to me. Geeeeez...can't take him anywhere! Despite the 3 falls and 3 wounds/roadrash on his legs (oh and did I mention the cactus bush he plunged into his shoulder?) he had a great time and can't wait to do it again! As he lay there on the bed with his legs all bandaged and his shoulder tweezered I just had to laugh. Nice, I know, but seriously. Can he cut me some slack with the woundage! (BTW...he was laughing about it too.)
Apparently not, cause.....yesterday...he decided to attempt the removal of his thumb. Ya. Using some fancy slicer machine, it slipped and instead of the veggies getting sliced, his thumb got sliced. BAD. Here's how the last 24 hours have gone down:

*Nearly 5 hours at the ER, to get his thumb stitched back together.
*By the time he gets to bed that night he is in such unbearable pain that he doesn't sleep all night.
*Next day (today) goes to Quick Care in hopes of receiving some pain meds...after telling the nurse what he needed (AND PAYING THEM) he finally sees a dr. a few hours later only to be told "we don't dispense pain meds". ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?????????????
*So then, yes, painfully, he heads back to the ER for the afternoon. He does, THANKFULLY, return with the goods. They are helping a little.


Do YOU think my hubby is a happy man???? The whole thing has been so terrible that I did not have the heart to have him pose for a picture for my blogging purposes. But, pretty sure I've painted a good picture for ya!
Here's to hoping he has a good night.

8 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Ok, that's not funny at all about your husband...but your story about it is!!

Hope he's feeling better!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

oh my gosh... the poor guy!

hope the pain meds help!!

Stephanie said...

OMG. Keep him in. No more fun for Doug.

Alida B. said...

Gotta love those Quick Cares ..remember when Elise broke her leg?! It took them 3 days to confirm it and they casted the wrong leg! Good thing we went to ER! Poor Doug...yowzers! I hope he gets feeling better soon and that the pain meds help him out a bit! EEK!

Kirsten said...

Wow! Talk about accident prone! Poor guy! Maybe you should get him one of those indoor stationery bikes. Ha, Ha! :)

lisa said...

Wow! You can't take him anywhere (or let him go anywhere!!) Poor guy! It all just sounds painful and bloody. Yuck.

Heather said...

Are you kidding me?
OUCH! all of it.

Chandra said...

So did you sneak those sassy leg pics while he was snoozing??