HOME

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Girls Room

Finally getting the girls room together. For some reason it had been driving me crazy for quite some time. It was the same theme it had been since Kristen was born with things added along the way. It had it's cute day, butterflies, flowers and stuff, all pastels. But these two girls were over it. So was I.

Came across some fabulous bedding earlier this year and talked my girls into loving it as much as I did! Brown, robins egg blue, dirty pink, orange, green, cream...all so yummy. Kinda like some awesome scrap paper as one friend said. The best thing, it was affordable. So we bought the bedding, the paint, found some fabrics to include for pillows and curtains...then let it all sit for MONTHS. Then one day I woke up and announced that that was the day to paint! "Girls, get your room cleaned! I'm painting today!" (I'm kinda like that, I'll suddenly get an idea, and by golly I want it done right now!)
(the lighter pink is the old color...close I know...but different enough to warrant it :)
So, for 3 (or 4) days, I painted, after spending the morning at swim lessons of course. I was really worried about the stripe. Never done that before. Heck, could never even get the ceiling line straight before. And here I was attempting a stripe. Crazy, I know! But I gave it my all and it worked out. Yippee Skippee. I practically jumped for joy when I started pulling tape off.
Samantha really wanted the whole room to be blue, but I worried it would feel to dark and of course Kristen, she wanted it pink. So we came up with the border idea.


Jack...he was BIG helper let me tell you!



Here's a little teaser of the bedding along with the pillows I made. The curtains are out of the brown floral eyelet. Haven't finished the curtain rods yet so when they are up I'll post the whole room. We also need to to paint their bookshelf, thinking of doing it in brown. So giddy about the different textures I was able to add to the bedding.

A couple of new nic nacs to add to the yummy Robbin's egg blue.

And yes, the girls LOVE their new room and I think it feels a bit more mature, something they can grow into for a bit.

15 comments:

Jen@eighteen25 said...

love the different pillows.
love the blue bucket and cabinet.
too cute.
can't wait to see the whole room!

Kirsten said...

I love those colors! So cute! Can't wait to see everything. Finished my family room curtains. Just like you, I am waiting for them to be hung up. That's my man's job.

The Price's Wife said...

You have great taste. Can't wait to see it all done... I am SO over my little girl's pastel pink room too, I could sure use some new ideas!

lisa said...

LOVE IT!!

Meaghan said...

I love it! The blue is beautiful. Now I'm dying to see the whole thing!!

Stephanie said...

I love all the fun colors. Brown is my favorite color right now. My kids think I am nuts. Where did you find that cute nightstand?? I love it.

chris jenkins said...

can't wait to see the whole room!

Alida B. said...

Oh what a tease!! I can't wait to see the finished room!! Finish those curtain rods quick quick quick!!

Jess said...

I love that robin egg blue and that table/shelf thing is so cool! I can't wait to see the curtains and everything else. I love seeing how other people decorate.

Jason & Claire said...

That's not fair. Seeing all of the pictures got me so excited to see the finished product. I love that blue cabinet and the brown eyelet with the pink coming through. I love all the textures and can't wait to see the whole thing put together.

Chandra said...

Lookin' good. Don't you love it when you get a spark of motivation.....Sadly I havent had one in a while, but good for you. I can't wait for the finale!!!!

Jodi said...

Nice! I can see them liking it for years to come.

Cammie said...

How fun! I can't wait to have my own house and paint stuff too!

FrankNApril said...

I love those colors! I think the look is way tasteful! You have good Taste Carol! I hope your girls just LOVE it! I do. April

Stephanie said...

i need some updates girly. pictures too. ;)