HOME

Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Lemon Magnet

That seems to be me. My laptop...on the fritz...again! This time, it's bad. I may have a bad hard drive. Have to wait and see what miracles can be performed. Praying...all my pictures will come back with it. My computer man says he'll get em for me, not to worry. OK! So once again, I'm basically picture less over here. I suppose I could install my programs on this computer and load pictures here, but I don't feel like dealing with that. We'll just have to wait.

The other lemon factor in my life...our oven. Fixed it just over a year ago for A LOT of money. Was told it should be good for life. Apparently life meant 1 year and 4 months. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! Now, we will just have to buy a new stove. Will not fix this one again. Since when did stoves get so expensive????? And please tell me people, that a stove will last more than 4 years without having to be repaired and or replaced.

I was able to scan one of Kristen's dance pictures (well, the only one I forked out money for anyway). So here is my little lovely in her High School Musical costume. Isn't she adorable. She was SO excited about this picture, it's all she talked about. How the photographer put the numbers on her foot, how she was the FIRST one he tried this pose on. She also had a ballet number but of course there was a malfunction with the photographer and we didn't even get any of those. So my pics of her are trapped on my laptop right now.

(i couldn't even trim the dang thing!)

The day of her recital we headed up to Utah as soon as it was over. Spent Fathers Day with all our family, mine and Doug's. It was a lot of fun and so great to see almost everyone.

That Monday we took Nathan to BYU for basketball camp. He was so excited to stay in the dorms with friends and be away from home for 4 days. Picking him up...not as exciting as dropping him off. He was exhausted to say the least, felt like he'd been done wrong, picked on, blamed for everything, downright ornery and never wanting to go back again! We stopped for some dinner after and he fell asleep in my lap! I decided to delay my judgement on this camp and his experience till after he'd had a good nights sleep. The next day he felt much better and was telling everyone he'd had a good time. As the days went by he talked about it more and realized he'd learned a lot, not everyone is going to be nice, basketball camp is hard but worth it and that he would be going next year. I guess it was a learning experience for him on controlling his emotions and dealing with being on his own without his parents to defend him.

While Nathan was at camp the girls and I (Jack was an honorary girl for the week) had a great week. Played lots, shopped at all the right places (though I was quite frugal all week for some horrible reason)...Tai Pan, Ikea, Build a Bear, Archivers, Roberts. The girls had money and purchased new build a bears and we got Jack his first one (a scruffy dog) and had him record his voice and put in the dog...it's stinkin' cute. He says "I'da capain...argh", being the pirate freak that he is. Ate at the Training Table several times, yummy. Spent time with grandma's, cousins, aunts and uncles. Spent a night with Lisa Forsyth...laughed and giggled like a bunch of girls. By weeks end my car was FULL, I had a migraine, we were pooped and ready to get home and see Daddy. So we did!

When I get my computer back I'll share pictures of a couple of cute finds and the curtains in the girls room.

4 comments:

FrankNApril said...

Carol,
I can't wait to see your pics! It all sounds fun. April

Alida B. said...

Wow sounds like so much fun...and really tiring!! I'm glad you had a good trip though! :)

Jason & Claire said...

That picture is adorable. Your trip sounds fantastic. I'm glad Nathan has recovered from the trauma of camp and I hope you find a stove that will last a lifetime.

Cammie said...

Glad you are home safe and had a good time. That story about Nathan is funny. I'm the same way without sleep. Everything seems much worse than reality. Kristen is a cutie.