HOME

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crazy is one way to put it.....

My mom and I surprised the girls and their friend Kathryn on Saturday....with a special girls day out.

See their dolls in the car??? They needed them.
Cause we were going here....


The American Girl Store.........................................................................
in Los Angeles!!!!!!
So yes, we are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We threw them in the car at 7 in the morning and took off.
We got there around lunch time.

They shopped.

The dolls got their hair done.

(move out my way people!)
They shopped some more.

We went to lunch at The Cheese Cake Factory.
We stopped by Anthropologie......

We had 5 hours of fun!


(The shopping area was soooo crowded by this point that we had a hard time finding a spot we could take a picture, so lighting here....not the best!)
And then we drove back home :)
We made sure to make fun of Flo....our Garmin guide. We think she was messing with us and taking us on some scenic routes because we ignored some of her instructions and she got a little testy with us. :)
But we made it home around 10pm.

It was the FUNNEST day.
It was such a crazy thing to do and a day they will remember for the rest of their lives!!!

And I want to go back! It was a fun area...like Town Square here in Vegas.

11 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Great pics, sounds like you had fun!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

oh man... you get a big time mommy award!!! that's so awesome! was that right by the LA farmers market? i think we went there. sounds like a super fun day!!

Kirsten said...

You are the best mom! You rock!!! Which mall is that? Do we need to plan a girl's trip? I was at anthropologie on Friday and just couldn't bring myself to by anything. Found a million things I wanted though :) Your girls are lucky to have you.

Mel said...

I loved looking at your photos, and I agree you are an awesome mum, I have heard of this store, but I would do something just like this for my boy too, gotta love those gorgeous smiles on the girls faces. Melxx

Linde said...

Seriously fun! What a good day. Sometimes the long day trips like that are the very best. Love the pictures:)

Leslie said...

I live under a rock...what's antropologie? seriously...It's spelled different than the class I took last fall so I guess you don't study pygmies...? That was such an awesome idea you had and you're right...those are forever memories! good job mom and gramma!

Meaghan said...

That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait until Aviendha is old enough for stuff like that.

pysselpetra said...

wow your blog banner is super cute - love it

Jess said...

You are such a fun mom! What a great way to surprise your girls. I love it!

Anthea said...

LOL I read this in the forum and then looked at the pics on here but never commented. Looks like you all had a great day out =)

Anonymous said...

So fun!...my girls would be SO jealous so I am not telling them.yet. and mmmm...cheesecake factory.