HOME

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I'm the Worst!

I really really stink at blogging don't I?!
I have a love hate relationship with it and I'm not sure what to do about it.  I love the good ol' days when I told stories and recorded my families adventures.  As they've gotten older, they've asked that I not say so much about them.  So my blog has turned into a strictly scrapping blog.   While I love scrapbooking and love to share my work, I feel like I'm missing the heart and sole of why I blogged in the first place.   

I would like to get back to a little better story telling and recording of my life but I'm not exactly sure if there is anyone left who cares about that part.  Maybe those of you reading this thing are just here for the art ;)

What are your thoughts??  I'd love to know.

aaaaaand......in the meantime!!!
How about some pages ;)

January's kit at Scraptastic.....it's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!

 All the pretty girls:  I adore this OA floral and definitely had to showcase it!  The veneer snowflakes in this kit are amazing and looked so pretty tucked under the alphas.

 ****************

 Do you want to build a Snowman?:  Pretty sure I don't have to say where I got this title from ;)  I cut a circle backdrop on my cameo for this as well as the title.  Lots of little layers and stickers.

 **************

 Snow Cave:  There are so many amazing papers in this kit.  I decided to collect the blues and use a few of them for a more monochromatic look.  Love how the orange alpha pops off the page for a bit of fun.
 *************

 Winter Fun:  this woodgrain was my fave by far!  I cut the tree on my cameo and used it as the centerpiece.  A couple of layers, some subtle colors and a fun border.  It makes me happy!



Thanks for stopping by!
Be sure to let me know if you like this place the way it is 
or if you're interested in a few more details ;)

1 comment:

Lizzy Hill said...

I have a similar quandary...always have...it's a balance between maintaining privacy & being open...I must say, the stories create the human touch...but even if you never even mentioned ur kids, I'd still come by cos I find your pages inspiring....loooove that wood paper, BTW, & those Silly cut circles!!!!! So, yeah..... It's hard://://